Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 3 of PST...

Namibia is beautiful! I can't describe how wonderful it is here. The people are all so friendly, the food is great... it's hard to beat. I can't write long because there is a line to use the internet but I will give you a few quick updates...

I find out in about an hour what language I will be learning. There are 6 options. We have 8 weeks to get to an intermediate level. AHHH crazy!

The weather here is hot. But it has rained every evening to cool things down.

I have a cell phone but I forgot to bring the number with me. Call my dad he has it and can tell you how to reach me. Remember I am 7 hours ahead of you so please don't call me at 3am here :)

I move into my host family on Friday but I meet them today!!!! Actually tonight. SO I will update you (hopefully later this week) on how that goes and what my family is like.

Right now I have electricity and running water. The water is safe to drink here in Namibia so that's really nice.

I won't know where I am going to live until week 5 here so stay posted!

If you plan to send me letters, my parents also have the address. If you want to send me a package... email me and I will give to some tips to ensure they make it all in one piece to me.

kcwenar@yahoo.com

I miss you all and I am healthy and doing fine! I hope you are all doing well too!!!