Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Wait is Almost Over!

So... I received a phone call from the Peace Corps Placement Office yesterday. They asked me a few questions like: Why did I apply to the Peace Corps? What have I been doing to prepare for my service? And then some other questions based off of my answers. She was really nice and pleasant and I was so excited when she called. To my understanding... that was sort of the final step before placement. And I was RIGHT!!!!

This morning I woke up, I started my computer, checked my email, and there it was.... "The Peace Corps has updated your Application Status account." WAHOO!!!! 


I HAVE AN INVITATION IN THE MAIL!!!!

In the next few days I will know where I am going and when I am leaving! FINALLY :) All of the setbacks and letdowns were so worth it. It's such a good feeling to know that I will be leaving soon and that they have placed me in a program. The trick is to just hold on a few more days until my invitation arrives in the mail. I PROMISE to update you all as soon as I know!